(1) The proposed West Midlands Brand Framework (identity system), which was based on a ‘family of brands’ with common features - for example, the hexagon shape - to deliver a unified brand identity for the region be approved.
(2) A robust programme of market testing and equality impact assessments be agreed to be undertaken as part of the final propositions.
(3) The approach that each corporate entity - West Midlands Combined Authority, West Midlands Growth Company, Transport for West Midlands and the Mayor’s Office - develop and finalise individual organisational brands against the principles of the above framework be approved.
(4) The further consumer testing and consultation work to be undertaken by Transport for West Midlands on the non-rail elements of the transport family be supported.
(5) It be agreed that the West Midlands Growth Company work with Local Enterprise Partnerships to finalise brand assets to enable profile at a sub-regional level.
(6) The adoption of the 'Make Your Mark' ident as a key component in providing alignment and demonstrating regional unity, both within the identity framework and beyond via associated partners organisations, be agreed.
(7) The establishment of a Regional Identity & Branding Steering Group, composed of the Mayor (or his nominee), the Chair of the Strategic Economic Plan Board, the Chief Executive of the West Midlands Combined Authority (or her nominee), the Managing Director of Transport for West Midlands and the Chief Executive of the West Midlands Growth Company, to oversee consistency of brand treatment and the effective implementation across ‘the family’, be agreed.