(1) The full business case for Dudley Interchange was approved.
(2) The budget and funding for delivery of £24.1m to include the bus and metro interchange, utility diversions and highway works was approved.
(3) The revisions to the allocations of Transforming Cities Funding as agreed by the Strategic Transport Officers Group were endorsed.
(4) The capital and land contributions valued at £3.5m from Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council towards the delivery of the scheme were noted.
(5) It was noted that as construction and utility scope for the scheme were not yet finalised, the project team would need to flexibly manage the scheme in order to maintain the overall budget. This would need to be managed in a way that ensured the benefits were not materially affected and appropriate change control processes implemented to manage any changes.
(6) The delegation of authority to officers as set out within the report was approved.
(7) It was noted that Dudley Interchange had a Benefit to Cost Ratio classification of ‘medium’ and that the overall level of economic benefit was £33m.
(8) The interface with the Wednesbury to Brierley Hill Metro extension construction programme was noted.
(9) It was noted that no contracts would be let until all funding was secured, signed and sealed and the confidence in being able to accommodate any future revenue costs falling to the WMCA was to the satisfaction of the Director of Finance and the Monitoring Officer.