25. Outline Business Case: EV CATS - Electric Vehicle Charging Area Transit Stations
Presented By: Anne Shaw
(1) Further to the overarching associated report in the public agenda of the meeting, the detailed commentary on the business case, financial and legal aspects of the EV CATS project was noted.
(2) Approval of the investment of £14m of City Region Transport Settlement funds in the EV CATS project was confirmed, subject to the WMCA securing Government approval towards the regional City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement funding settlement together with appropriate terms and conditions, which was subject to a separate report at the meeting.
(3) Approval the investment of £2.2m from the Brownfield Land & Property Investment Fund was confirmed, as recommended by the Investment Board and subject to the overall approval of the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement investment at the WMCA Board as indicated above.
(4) Approval of £6.5m from the £14m allocated City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement funds and £1.5m from the £2.2m Brownfield Land & Property Development Fund was confirmed to be invested at this outline business case stage as required for site acquisition, site preparation and ancillary costs, including set up of the Delivery Company ahead of the full investment under the full business case (with the condition as noted above).