Presented By: Councillor Ian Ward
(1) The case made for the acceleration of electric charging and enabling energy infrastructure in the West Midlands was supported, noting the strategic importance of this issue to the WMCA’s Industrial Strategy, Strategic Economic Plan and Climate Change Strategy #WM2041.
(2) The proposal presented was considered and supported to move forward with a collaborative strategy to expand Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure across the West Midlands.
(3) It was noted that an Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle evidence base had been developed to inform this proposal by Energy Capital ,Transport for West Midlands and Cenex, and a West Midlands Electric Vehicle Working Group had been convened and had met twice to further inform and shape the WMCA approach as expediently as possible.
(4) It was noted that next step one could be progressed with existing resources, additional revenue funding for step two would be sought and step three would require further public investment once a clear investment case had been developed.
(5) It was noted that the Director of Investment & Commercial Activities would provide further detail, clarity and cost breakdown to the WMCA Board on the financial implications underpinning the report.