Decision Maker: WMCA Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The consolidated revenue budget monitoring position as at 30 November 2020 was noted.
(2) The draft WMCA consolidated revenue budget was approved for consultation, which included:
(a) the budget requirement for transport delivery 2021/22 comprising three elements:
(i) £114.7m a year to be funded from the existing transport levy mechanism;
(ii) £3.9m to be funded from grant awarded by the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee; and
(iii) a transfer from earmarked reserves of £3.9m.
(b) the WMCA Delivery budget requirement for 2021/22 of £141.9m comprising of five elements:
(i) £129.7m Adult Education spending to be funded from Adult Education Budget funding devolved by the Department for Education.
(ii) £5.1m to be funded from other devolution deal grants.
(iii) £4.6m to be funded from Constituent Authority fees (fees to remain at the same level as 2020/21).
(iv) £0.4m to be funded from Non-Constituent Authority and observer fees (fees to remain at the same level as 2020/21).
(v) £2.1m to be funded from other income, including a £1.2m use of reserves created from WMCA’s share of 2020/21 Business Rates.
(3) The inherent risks included within 2021/22 Budget assumptions were noted.
(4) The Mayoral Office budget for 2021/22 of £0.8m, to be funded from additional Mayoral capacity funding of £0.8m, was approved for consultation and scrutiny.
(5) It was noted that there would be no mayoral precept during 2021/22.
(6) The WMCA’s indicative 5 year Medium Term Financial Plan was noted.
(7) It was noted that a full Strategic Plan would be completed following the 2021 Mayoral election, to inform the annual Medium Term Financial Planning exercise to be completed in 2021/22.
(8) The draft Capital Programme was approved.
(9) The planned spend on the Investment Programme over the year period was noted.
(10) The matters identified by Overview & Scrutiny Committee that arose out of the Mayoral Q&A on 11 December 2020 were noted.
Publication date: 15/01/2021
Date of decision: 15/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2021 - WMCA Board