Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The development of an Outline Business Case to assess powers within the Bus Services Act 2017 to help improve bus services in the West Midlands was approved.
(2) A commitment for a minimum Euro VI bus fleet by April 2021 to improve air quality in the area of the West Midlands Combined Authority, subject to funding, was endorsed.
(3) The level of investment secured for improving bus emissions standards and partnership working undertaken to date was noted.
(4) The proposed benefits of using an Enhanced Partnership for the delivery of Sprint in readiness for the Commonwealth Games and why this was the most suitable option for delivery of Sprint were noted.
(5) Approval was given for Transport for West Midlands to give notice of the intention to prepare an Enhanced Partnership Plan and accompanying Enhanced Partnership Schemes as set out in section 138F of the Bus Services Act 2017.
(6) Authority was delegated to the Transport Delivery Committee to oversee the development and subsequent ‘making’ of the Enhanced Partnership Plan and Schemes.
Publication date: 02/07/2019
Date of decision: 28/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 28/06/2019 - WMCA Board