Decision status: Deleted
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The position statement, evidence base for change and proposed next steps outlined in the report were noted.
(2) The evidence base provided to support the negotiation of a regional carbon reduction target was noted.
(3) A ‘climate emergency’ requiring urgent action was declared, and it was agreed to receive a further report at the next meeting on 26 July with a proposed regional target for carbon reduction and a report to a meeting in the Autumn setting out a practical action plan for delivery.
(3) The proposed next step to begin a rapid programme of engagement to develop a collaborative action plan which brought the region together in both headline targets and practical actions on the ground was endorsed.
(4) Member council officers were to be asked to support the development of this work as part of a collective re-fresh of the environmental portfolio and greater regional momentum on next steps.
Publication date: 02/07/2019
Date of decision: 28/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 28/06/2019 - WMCA Board