Decision Maker: Overview & Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered a report from the Scrutiny Officer on the developments and programme in relation to the work of the five working groups.
Further to the call-in made by committee, Councillor Ian Shires reported that he had met with the Director of Housing & Regeneration and had agreed that the committee would now receive:
· pre-decision scrutiny regarding the Housing and Regeneration Strategy;
· for further scrutiny a summary of the key decisions and conversations held within the Housing & Land Delivery Board;
· a forward plan of the Housing & Land Delivery Board.
Councillor Angus Lees advised that following attendance at the Transport Delivery Committee, this committee should note that there was a delay on six major key projects due to issues with Network Rail. He and other committee members felt that this highlighted how important it was for the WMCA Board to recognise the need for robust scrutiny of transport functions, which was presently not being delivered through the Transport Delivery Committee, as this was not its remit.
It was recommended to the WMCA Board that:
(1) The comments made by the committee be noted.
(2) The progress made in respect of the working groups be noted.
(3) The proposed work programme for the working groups be approved.
Publication date: 03/01/2019
Date of decision: 26/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 26/11/2018 - Overview & Scrutiny Committee