Decision Maker: WMCA Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The progress made regarding the regional City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement bid since the original submission was approved by the board in September 2021 was noted.
(2) The approach to prioritisation and development of the final programme for submission to Government was noted.
(3) The submission to Government of the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement programme level business case was approved, noting that the revised programme was within the region’s indicative allocation of £1.050bn.
(4) The Executive Director of Transport for West Midlands and the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Mayor and the Portfolio Lead for Transport, were given delegated authority to agree any final adjustments which were required to the programme and associated documentation, these changes could be developed to the submission as the local authority and the Transport for West Midlands officer team continued to liaise with the Department for Transport and the Treasury after submission in order to confirm the programme and secure a full grant confirmation from the Government, however, this board would formally consider the final programme and any funding conditions which were applied by the Government before accepting and adopting the final programme.
(5) The use of the Single Assurance Framework to provide assurance around investment decisions was approved, noting the additional measures set out in the programme business case to ensure the ability to meet the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement fund requirements, including the establishment of additional capacity for the
Investment Panel to provide technical expert advice to the existing Investment Board on decisions to be made under the Single Assurance Framework.
(6) The approach to the establishment and management of a ‘soft contingency’ element to the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement programme was approved.
(7) The monitoring and reporting arrangements were approved.
(8) The approach regarding the replacement funding for Integrated Transport Block (Local Network Improvement Plan) and highway maintenance was noted.
(9) The approach to managing a pool of reserve schemes which could be
accelerated if required during the programme life was noted.
(10) The next steps were noted.
Publication date: 20/01/2022
Date of decision: 14/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/01/2022 - WMCA Board