Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The financial outturn position as at the end of January 2021 was noted.
(2) The latest forecast for 2020/21, incorporating the latest view of the impact of COVID-19, was noted.
(3) The confirmation of 2021/22 Adult Education Budget, as verbally communicated at the WMCA Board on 12 February 2021, was noted.
(4) The capital block allocations, including Highways and Integrated Transport Block, were approved.
(5) The increase in the Investment Programme affordable limit from £801m to £871m and the provisional distribution of the additional £70m were approved.
(6) Decisions regarding the £8.9m provided by Government to prepare for the Intra-city Transport Settlement were delegated to the Director of Finance, Managing Director of Transport for West Midlands and the Portfolio Lead for Transport.
(7) It was noted that the acquisition of Victoria Lane steel works was to be funded from WMCA capital receipts.
(8) It was noted that the WMCA intended to withdraw from the Passenger Transport Forum pay negotiations and enter into local government pay negotiations when practicably possible.
(9) It was noted that the WMCA was assessing the impact from the Chancellor’s budget announcement on 3 March 2021 and would reflect the outcomes in an updated budget to the June 2021 Board.
Publication date: 19/03/2021
Date of decision: 19/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 19/03/2021 - WMCA Board