Decision Maker: WMCA Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The Full Business Case for the Perry Barr Transport Interchange was authorised.
(2) The critical timescales for the project to secure Full Business Case approval for both the rail station and bus interchange if the project was to be complete in time for the Commonwealth Games was noted.
(3) The estimated cost of £30.98m which was inclusive of the rail station and bus interchange works was noted.
(4) The funding secured for the scheme and the current funding shortfall of £9.5m, and the work being done by WMCA to resolve the funding gap, was noted.
(5) It was noted that the cost increase was partly driven by the re-design following initial stakeholder feedback, and that the proposals assumed a revised station design which had received initial endorsement from key stakeholders.
(6) It was noted that the scope and costs of both the station and the interchange continued to be refined and that the risks to scope and cost uncertainty were mitigated by the inclusion of a project-based contingency.
(7) The delegations of the authorisation of the award of contracts to the principle contractor for the rail station and Delivery Agent for the bus interchange to the WMCA Monitoring Officer and WMCA Director of Finance was approved, subject to:
• The funding shortfall for the scheme being addressed;
• The contract/s being within the approved budget;
• All funding agreements being signed and sealed to the satisfaction of the WMCA Director of Finance and the WMCA Monitoring Officer;
• The future operating costs of the rail station and bus interchange being fully quantified and affordable.
(8) The delegations to the WMCA Monitoring Officer and WMCA Director of Finance to enter into the various funding agreements and contracts which would be reasonably required to enable delivery of the station/ bus interchange improvements were approved.
Publication date: 15/01/2021
Date of decision: 15/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2021 - WMCA Board