Decision Maker: WMCA Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The Full Business Case for new stations Package 2 (Camp Hill line stations) was authorised.
(2) A total project budget of £61.4m based on the Estimate at Completion for the scheme at Full Business Case stage was agreed, subject to the WMCA securing the funding for the project.
(3) The release of £9m from the WMCA Investment Programme was agreed, subject to Department for Transport approval of the Rail Network Enhancement Pipeline funding.
(4) It was noted that the WMCA intended to be the accountable body for the entirety of the funding package.
(5) It was noted that the costs included within the Full Business Case were the current best estimates prior to the completion of single option development (GRIP 4).
(6) It was noted that further economic analysis was ongoing to understand the impact of the latest COVID-19 growth scenarios on demand and benefits and that to date the scheme had consistently returned positive BCRs.
(7) The aim of securing funding in Quarter 1 2021 to enable the project to proceed as per stated timescales was noted.
(8) Authority was jointly delegate to the WMCA Monitoring Officer and the WMCA Director of Finance to authorise the award of contracts to the successful tenderer for the design and build stage, subject to:
(i) The project being within the £61.4m recommended budget;
(ii) Adequate funding being secured to allow for the delivery of the new stations;
(iii) All funding agreements being signed and sealed to the satisfaction of the WMCA Director of Finance and the WMCA Monitoring Officer;
(iv) The operating costs of the stations being fully quantified and affordable.
(9) Delegations to the WMCA Monitoring Officer and WMCA Director of Finance to enter into the various funding agreements and contracts which would be reasonably required to enable delivery of the new stations, including (if necessary) the issuing of a Letter of Intent to ensure the project schedule was maintained whilst funding agreements were being finalised, subject to the risks of doing so being acceptable to the WMCA Section 151 Officer and the WMCA Monitoring Officer, were approved.
Publication date: 15/01/2021
Date of decision: 15/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2021 - WMCA Board